Covid Times pills, April 6, 2020
Fortunately, Celafaremo, “We will get it” , the hashtag of illusions, has gone out of fashion in Italy , the reality is that this virus-induced crisis is killing and killing many human beings and many activities and will not be in itself a springboard; the relaunch must be built day by day with hard work and a minimum of social commitment; history never repeats itself in the same terms and from a period of comfortable lives and unhealthy habits we can returnto normality in a way totally different from our grandfathers after Second World War , by new behaviors different models and ... the same spirit of sacrifice.
• I hope that the definition of heroes for simple citizens who have to stay at home or have to go to work will soon go out of fashion too ; we better leave this definition only to those who do more than their duties, in particular for those who work in healthcare and do it with such dedication.
• In reality this is a crisis induced by change, someone names it correctly progress, which makes a serious duty of life unacceptable in times of epidemic . Only 30, 50 or 100 years ago few habits would have changed so radically and so harmfully to cope with invisible evil; that is, no political leader or spiritual guide or public administrator today would have the courage to make unpopular but probably more forward-looking decisions such as gradually creating natural immunity through the continuation of work activities and human activities that are less potentially contagious and with all the best precautions that can be adopted (a sort of Swedish model adapted to the different national and local realities… provided that the Swedes hold up); all these resources not unnecessarily lost must be used to avoid waves of return of the virus in the short term but above all to avoid the recurrence of epidemics or pandemics.
• I hear often from Korean and Chinese customers and suppliers, now apparently out of danger, perhaps with less trauma than us because with different and more "closed" social lives; it was not said that it was easy to immediately apply their models we installed with guilty delay, it is certain that that their experience seems to give sense to the sacrifices ... even if I do not agree.
• The role of the Trade Unions in the crisis did not seem positive to me, capable of putting the spins on the wheels of companies and administrations animated by good will and frightening the workers; it makes me suspect that the very survival of the Italian Trade Union depends on the level of desperation of its clients ...
• Shooting on politicians and public administrators is like shooting on the Red Cross but the indifference of symbolic or substantial gestures of charity and solidarity is evident; no proposals regarding the cutting of their own salaries and of public employees operating in smart work mode has been done. Also for various reasons and the majority of workers simply means staying at home.
This morning I spoke on the phone with a university executive, indirectly a new customer , who signaled to me how one of his proposals in this sense had been quickly covered up by colleagues and bosses.
• However, it is a constant thought that the greater weight of these provisions will weigh , as for the public debt accumulated in Italy , on the younger generations: it is a bit as if technocracy in power always tends to favor the generation it belongs to… and it says so an old one.
• A thought on the subject of macroeconomics and on our country: if Italy as the weakest country wants to get out of this crisis well, it must oblige Europe to issue guaranteed bonds and if someone in Europe opposes: ITEXIT ( Italy out of European Community) with new friends and partner in the USA with Trump and or Johnson's UK, it is much better to become their colony than have a Greece 2 ( I have been in Athens last summer and saw the mess of the combined actions from Europe and local government) ... perhaps it is only with a total disrupture that Italic individualism could regroup forces and exalt in its uniqueness.
• A rational bettor would be embarrassed today having to choose between 2 options on the future of Italy, with both listed equally : 1st option, Italy continues in the progressive decline that started at least 20 years ago 2nd option Italy restarts with many resources, energies and commitment and despite many difficulties it returns to grow more than the European and even world average: as an incurable optimist I will bet on the second, but I would like it at 1 and ½ ...